B.Sc (Batchelor of Science)
Though B.Sc. course can be done from any college or even as private also, but B.Sc. from PIC means to invent a competent personality and a innovative scientist in himself/herself.
B.Sc. Course in PIC is very unique and multi dimentional. This course has been designed in three folds-
- Firstly, our classes are conducted with a purpose to achieve excellent marks in university exams and construct excellent academic career which is useful in higher education, research, teaching etc.
- Also B.Sc. subjects co-relating, and extending to IAS, RAS, SSC, Bank and other competitive exams. So students become aware and competent to face these exams along with their graduation. Creative answer writing skills are also developed which are required in university exams and IAS, RAS competition exams as well.
- In B.Sc. we have dedicated competent teachers, magnificent separate labs for each subject, regular practicals. PIC students are transformed into a very confident and creative as an personal entrepreneur.PIC teaching learning process is student-centric, thus pro-active from students point of view. The interactive activities transform students into confident, analytical, innovative, creative and communicative in spoken & written both ways.
Minimum 48% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination of any recognized state board/CBSE/ICSE.
Admission Procedure :
The screening of the students is done on the basis of marks obtained at 10+12 level and admission is given on the basis of merit.
Elective Subjects (Optional)
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany, Geography, Economics.
Student can opt any three subjects for the B.Sc. course.
- PIC has evolved unique teaching-learning process in B.Sc. instead of giving lectures and making students passive listener, PIC teachers have adopted student-centric teaching methodology. focusing on interactive classes.
- For it, various methods like searching keywords in a sentence, key concepts in paragraph, asking the students themselves to solve the objective type questions from a chapter, analyzing the concepts of the chapter, inspiring students to give presentations, assessing daily in an informal way and fortnightly in a form of OMR test.
- We believe that when teaching, learning and evaluation go simultaneously then education becomes effective creative and enjoyable.
- Special attention is provided to develop analytical thinking among students (for the Competitions like IAS & RAS) which can be shaped through interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and creative answer writing practice.
- Every step of our students is taken to transform the mind into a critical thinker by analyzing, reflecting, opinion making and expressing entity with a natural behavior.
Excellent University Results
Our B.Sc. students have brought laurels to PIC though their outstanding results.
Our students have achieved very good marks in various papers like in Maths 96 marks, Physics 88 marks, 90 marks Chemistry and so on.
- The students of B.Sc. are not only confined to achieving good marks but also added another feather in the cap by cracking various competitions.
- There are regular training & placement activities in the college which help the students to find their future in various jobs.
- PCGE(our sister institution) several students, are serving as Police Sub-inspectors, Grade II & III Teacher, Patwars, Clerks, Constables etc.
- Many students of PCGE are in corporate sector as Bank Managers, Bank POs, Bank clerks, Executives etc.
- PIC students are also of high calibre and have excellent potential of bright career.
All the science subjects in PIC are taught at an excellent level by dedicated & competent teachers, with magnificent labs, regular practical. PIC’s student-centric teaching-learning methodology includes (identifying keywords, key concepts, worksheets, group discussions, students presentation), fortnightly tests and very open, transparent and interactive class room environment. Excellent marks in University exams are the spontaneous achievements of the students.
In PIC, B.Sc. course is a stream of opportunities that offers great possibilities of employment including those dominated by the humanitie even students, as it provides additional classes for competitive exams which include Maths, Reasoning, English & GK-
Career for B.Sc students
- Bank PO
- Bank Clerk
- SSC (Income Tax Inspector, Custom Officer, Excise Officer, CBI etc.)
- NDA, CDS
- Police Sub-Inspector
B.Sc. course at PIC also provides research practices which include better opportunities to initiate the research project work at graduation level. This develops the research attitude in the students and they venture into unfamiliar areas of the education.
Top Academic Programmes After B.Sc. Graduation
M.Sc / Master of Science
M.Sc is the most obvious and logical choice for B.Sc graduates when it comes to higher studies. Master degree in a specialized subject, can open a lot of door for doctorate, research and excellent employment opportunities for students.
MBA / Master of Business Administration:
This is also one of the most seeking career choice for science graduates. Many institutes have started offering MBA degrees with specialization in scientific domains like: hospital management, laboratory management and IT management that are ideal for B.Sc graduates. PCGE prepares students for CAT (entrance test for MBA) by providing competition classes.
MCA / Master of Computer Application
With the IT boom dominating Indian economy, computer applications and IT industry has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options available to B.Sc degree holders. For students who want to pursue their higher studies in this domain, MCA is an ideal academic programme.
Technical short-term courses
B.Sc graduates who are looking for a skill based educational opportunity can take up short-term courses like SAP, JAVA, SQL, .NET, Financial Accounting, PGDM and others. These courses will help them develop necessary skill set required to take up technical job profiles with ease.
B.Ed / Bachelor of Education
For B.Sc graduates, who have the potential of being teachers, B.Ed degree would be an excellent choice of further studies. B.Ed degree coaches the students into different and unique pedagogy techniques that aid them in improving their teaching skills even further. There is a vast demand of good science teachers in govt. & non-govt. schools.