BA (Bachelor of Arts)
Though BA course can be done from any college or even as private also, but BA from PIC means to invent a competent personality in himself/herself. BA Course in PIC is very unique and multidimentional. This course has been designed in three folds-
- Firstly, our classes are conducted with a purpose to achieve excellent marks in university exams and construct excellent academic career which is useful in higher education, research, teaching etc.
- Secondly, we teach BA subjects co-relating, and extending to IAS, RAS, SSC, Bank and other competitive exams. So students become aware and competent to face these competition exams also along with their graduation. Creative answer writing skills are also developed which are required in university exams and IAS, RAS competition exams.
- PIC students are transformed into a very confident and creative as an personal entrepreneur.PIC teaching learning process is student-centric, thus pro-active from students point of view. The interactive activities transform students into confident, analytical, innovative, creative and communicative in spoken & written both ways.
Minimum 48% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination of any recognized state board/CBSE/ICSE.
Admission Procedure :
The screening of the students is done on the basis of marks obtained at 10+12 level and admission is given on the basis of merit.
Elective Subjects (Optional)
All these subjects are very useful for IAS, RAS, SSC, Competition examination.
Geography, Economics, Political Science, History, English Literature, Mathematics. Student can opt any three subjects for the BA course.
- PIC has evolved unique teaching learning process in BA. Instead of giving lectures and making students passive listener, PIC teachers have adopted student-centric teaching methodology, focusing on interactive classes.
- For it, various methods like searching keywords in a sentence, key concepts in paragraph, asking the students themselves to solve the objective type questions from a chapter, analyzing the concepts of the chapter, inspiring students to give presentations, assessing daily in an informal way and fortnightly in a form of OMR test.
- We believe that when teaching, learning and evaluation go simultaneously then education becomes effectives creative and enjoyable.
- Special attention is provided to develop analytical thinking among students (for the competitions like: IAS & RAS) which can be shaped through interactive classes, group discussions, open house discussions, debates and creative answer writing practices.
- Every step of our students is taken to transform the mind into a critical thinker by analyzing, reflecting, opinion making and expressing entity with a natural behaviour.
Excellent University Results
Our BA students have brought laurels to PIC though their outstanding results.
Our students have achieved very good marks in theoretical papers like 84 marks in History, 77 marks in English Literature and 75 marks in Political Science, 88 marks in Economics, 82 in Geography and so on.
- The students of BA are not only confined to achieving good marks but also added another feather in the cap by cracking various competitions.
- There are regular training & placement activities in the college which help the students to find their future in various jobs.
- PCGE(our sister institutions) Several students, are serving as Police Sub-inspectors, Grade II & III Teachers, Patwars, Clerks, Constables etc.
- Many students of PCGE are in corporate sector as Bank Managers, Bank POs, Bank clerks, Executives etc.
- PIC students are of high calibre and have excellent potential of bright career.